Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship
- Salary: Under 18s - £14,500pa Over 18 years of age £16,500pa
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Berkeley Group
- Location: London
The role of an apprentice painter and decorator is to assist in the preparation and decoration of building interiors using paint, wallpaper and other decorative finishes.
- Punctual and reliable
- Follows instructions
- Good practical and creative skills
- Clean and tidy
- Normal colour vision
- Works well as part of a team and individually
- Meticulous with an attention to detail
- Takes pride in the job
Overview of the Role:
- Prepare surfaces for painting/decorating
- Follow drawings and instructions
- Prepare work area
- Hang wallpaper
- Paint a variety of surfaces
- Erect and dismantle work equipment
- Work safely and competently in a site based environment always adhering to Group Health and Safety standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake an agreed programme of learning that leads to gaining a recognised qualification as part of an apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To actively participate in own development plan under the supervision of your line manager, sub-contractor management team and the College assessor
- To work under supervision to learn your role. Specifics for each apprenticeship role can be found at the end of the job description.
- To work safely and competently in a site based environment and to always adhere to Group Health and Safety Standards.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is used at the appropriate time for each task being undertaken.
- To undertake and take part in other duties, meetings, toolbox talks, supervision, training and events as requested by your manager that aids learning and development for your role.
- To demonstrate compassion and consideration for others, forming mutual trust and professional respect.
- To operate with a ‘one team’ approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external colleagues.
- To operate with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles in order to achieve a goal.
- To be self-driven with a willingness to learn, adopting a ‘can do’ mentality and work ethic.
- To maintain the Berkeley Homes brand and assist in delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction at hand-over and beyond.
- To consistently work to a high standard and look for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of customers and Berkeley Homes.
- Act in accordance with the company Culture and Values of ‘Our Vision’ commitment to be a World Class Business generating long-term value by creating successful, sustainable places where people aspire to live.
Please email an up-to-date CV to Kerry@southwarkworks.org.ukRegister your interest