Landscape Technician Apprenticeship
- Salary: Under 18s - £14,500pa Over 18 years of age £16,500pa
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Berkeley Group
- Location: London
Carry out all hard and soft landscape. Preparing the ground or space turf and seed lawns plant and prune trees and shrubs put in new plants install features like paving, paths, water features and rock gardens construct rock or water gardens
- Punctual and reliable
- Follows instructions
- Willing to work outdoors and in all weather conditions
- Good practical skills
- Methodical and meticulous
- Works well as part of a team
- Good levels of fitness and stamina
- Takes pride in the job
Overview of the Role:
- To assist in the development and maintenance of:
- surface water drainage systems
- ornamental areas including planting, pruning and hedge work
- grounds and garden maintenance including mowing, trimming, planting and weeding
- A physically demanding role that often involves carrying heavy or awkward loads
- Work safely and competently in a site based environment always adhering to Group Health and Safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake an agreed programme of learning that leads to gaining a recognised qualification as part of an apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To actively participate in your development plan under the supervision of your line manager, sub-contractor management team and the College assessor
- To work under supervision to learn your role. Specifics for each apprenticeship role can be found at the end of the job description.
- To work safely and competently in a site based environment and to always adhere to Group Health and Safety Standards.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is used at the appropriate time for each task being undertaken.
- To undertake and take part in other duties, meetings, toolbox talks, supervision, training and events as requested by your manager that aids learning and development for your role.
- To demonstrate compassion and consideration for others, forming mutual trust and professional respect.
- To operate with a ‘one team’ approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external colleagues.
- To operate with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles to achieve a goal.
- To be self-driven with a willingness to learn, adopting a ‘can do’ mentality and work ethic.
- To maintain the Berkeley Homes brand and assist in the delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction at hand-over and beyond.
- To consistently work to a high standard and look for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of customers and Berkeley Homes.
- Act in accordance with the company Culture and Values of ‘Our Vision’ commitment to being a World Class Business generating long-term value by creating successful, sustainable places where people aspire to live.
Please email an up-to-date CV to Kerry@southwarkworks.org.ukRegister your interest