Dry Lining Apprenticeship
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Berkeley Group
- Location: London
REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL
At Berkeley Homes (Capital) PLC, we want you to embrace your full potential by giving you the tools and opportunity to secure a brighter future. The REACH apprenticeship is about daring you to start tomorrow with an apprenticeship that allows you to become the master of your craft.
Build internal walls in residential and commercial structures. Using plasterboard panels. Work would involve two stages ‘fixing’ stage, followed by a ‘finishing’ stage
Ideal candidate will have Maths and English GCSE’s grade 3 and above or equivalent. Minimum level 1 in functional skills in Maths and English.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
People who are passionate, driven, committed and reliable.
Desirable: CSCS card
Age group 16+ no upper age limit
Starting salary is £13,000 + benefitsRegister your interest
- Follows instructions
- Tolerant, and determined
- Good practical skills
- Works well as part of a team and on their own
- Methodical and meticulous
- Good levels of fitness and stamina
- Takes pride in the job
Overview of the role:
- Measure and cut plasterboard to the right sizes and angles
- Fix the panels to timber or metal frames (or ceiling joists) using special studs
- Cut panels to fit around doorways and create openings for windows
- Sealing joints using filler or adhesive
- Taping over the seal either by hand or with a tapping machine
- Applying a thin layer of plaster over the tape (skimming)
- Sanding down the area ready for painting and decorating
- A physically demanding role that often involves carrying heavy or awkward loads
Work safely and competently in a site-based environment always adhering to Group Health and Safety standards.