Construction Management – 2023 Apprenticeship
- Salary: £19,000.00
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Mace
- Location: London
Mace offers its clients a fully comprehensive project management consultancy service supporting the development and implementation of major transport projects, we provide a flexible and highly bespoke service based on a well-proven formula for delivery, whilst studying for the Construction Site Supervisor L4 apprenticeship.
What will the apprentice be doing?
Construction Managers work out on site and they are responsible for ensuring a project is delivered safely and to the highest quality standards. A construction manager will be involved from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to project handover.
As an Apprentice Construction Manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the production of short term construction plans
- Assisting with the procurement of trade/sub-contractors
- Assisting in project start up and preconstruction stages
- Assisting in the daily control, management and coordination of site activity
- Keeping a detailed diary of works planned and actually carried out by trade/sub-contractors
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary
- Establishing key relationships with trade/ sub-contractors
Contributing to site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
- Dealing with any problems on site and monitoring risks
- Ensuring health and safety is adhered to, including site inspections and conducting site inductions
This role will be based on a site/project. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The Commercial Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Construction Site Supervisor L4 which consists of work-based experience and training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We’ll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).Register your interest
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential