- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Berkeley Group
- Location: London
REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL
At Berkeley Homes (Capital) PLC, we want you to embrace your full potential by giving you the tools and opportunity to secure a brighter future. The REACH apprenticeship is about daring you to start tomorrow with an apprenticeship that allows you to become the master of your craft.
Intermediate Carpentry Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Make and install wooden fixtures and fittings.
Ideal candidate will have Maths and English GCSE’s grade 3 and above or equivalent. Minimum level 1 in functional skills in Maths and English.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
People who are passionate, driven, committed and reliable.
Desirable: CSCS card
Age group 16+ no upper age limit
Starting salary is £13,000 + benefitsRegister your interest
- Punctual and reliable
- Follows instructions
- Mathematically minded
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Good practical skills
- Works well as part of a team and on their own
- Methodical and meticulous
- Good levels of fitness and stamina
- Takes pride in the job
Overview Of The Role
|· Read and interpret plans and specifications
· Good math’s skills for working out measurements
· Cut and shape timber for floorboards, skirting boards and window frames
· Fit wooden structures, like floor and roof joists, roof timbers, timber flooring, staircases, partition walls, and door and window frames (first fixings)
· Install skirting boards, door surrounds, as well as door handles and locks (second fixings)
· A physically demanding role that often involves carrying heavy or awkward loads
· Work safely and competently in a site-based environment always adhering to Group Health and Safety standards.