Carpentry and Joinery Apprentice
- Salary: £180.00 PW
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: PMJ Construction Ltd
- Location: Royal Arsenal Waterfront, Woolwich
This successful company manufactures building equipment for carpenters and joiners and offer carpentry and joinery services.
PMJ Construction Ltd are looking for an Apprentice Carpenter and Joiner to work on a development site on the Woolwich Waterfront. You will work towards a Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship standard.
Register your interest
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Jan 2021
Duties will include:
- Assist a journeyman carpenter with construction and remodelling projects
- Help build wooden structures
- Attend courses on carpentry
- Learn and practice essential carpentry skills on the job
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Set up and maintain tools for your supervising carpenter
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Strong arithmetic skill
- Strong English skills – reading and writing
- Good practical skills
- Eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- A passion for the Carpentry Trade
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Carpentry Diploma/Certificate would be desirable but not essential.
CSCS Card- if they do not possess, we can help them acquire it. It is necessary in order to be inducted on site.
Permanent position if successfully completed.
Things to consider
We are open to help gain other qualifications such as first aid, traffic marshalling, further apprenticeships etc. but this will come down to the candidate and how they do on site.
We are working on Woolwich and in Canning town for 2020 with further work being tendered.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
PMJ Construction Ltd
171 Powis Street
Additional location information
BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupations
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- A knowledge assessment (exam)
- A Practical Skills Assessment
Carpentry and Joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)