- Salary: £60 per day
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Winchmore Brickwork
- Location: London Square, Bermondsey SE1
Winchmore Brickwork has been building confidence, building experience and building the environment for over 30 years across all sectors, including Education, Health, Social Housing, Private Housing, Bespoke residential developments, Retail and Commercial.
Our motto is ’Be Bothered’. It is not a glib one-liner it is a statement of fact. ‘Be Bothered’ in training, in Health and Safety, in workmanship in building relationships with clients, in building and we are, always.
With a long standing track record of working closely with blue chip contractors across London and the South East, Winchmore Brickwork delivers not only outstanding service but a willingness to offer their complete expertise. Involvement in the design, planning and logistics enables us to advise our clients on the most efficient construction processes – saving them time and money. It is this expertise and the desire to work as partners with our clients that sets a standard for the level of service we offer and ensures the strength of our relationship with our clients. We are proud of our long standing reputation and continue to earn the trust, confidence and respect of our wide ranging clients.
With hard work and commitment there is scope for development on pay rates throughout apprenticeship.
After successfully completing the apprenticeship you could move into Bricklaying improver roles and continue to progress with company into a range roles.
Register your interest
English & Maths GCSEs or equivalent required to apply.
CSCS card desirable, however assistance to gain qualification available.
As a bricklayer, your work would include:
- measuring the work area and setting out the first rows of bricks (courses) and the damp course
- mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- laying the bricks on top of each other and applying the mortar with a trowel
- shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Checking that courses are straight using water or laser spirit levels and plumb lines
- £60 per day
- With scope for improvement during apprentice providing apprentice shows commitment and hard work.
- 8.5 hours per day 4 days a week.
- Occasionally weekend work.
- Usually 7.30/8 AM START at site.
NOTE: x1 30 min unpaid lunch break.
x1 day at College to study academic learning section of Apprenticeship