- Salary: Under 18s - £14,500pa Over 18 years of age £16,500pa
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Berkeley Group
- Location: London
Assist in the construction of a brick building and what is essentially the shell of a building.
- Punctual and reliable
- Follows instructions
- Good practical skills
- Methodical and meticulous
- Works well as part of a team
- Able to work at heights
- Good levels of fitness and stamina
- Takes pride in the job
Overview of the Role:
- Mix mortar, cut components and lay bricks
- Building external and internal walls, curves and arches
- Cavity walling
- Joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Assist with setting out for the construction of break and blockwork
- Interpret drawings and plans
- A physically demanding role that often involves carrying heavy or awkward loads
- Work safely and competently in a site based environment always adhering to Group Health and Safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake an agreed programme of learning that leads to gaining a recognised qualification as part of an apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To actively participate in your development plan under the supervision of your line manager, sub-contractor management team and the College assessor
- To work under supervision to learn your role. Specifics for each apprenticeship role can be found at the end of the job description.
- To work safely and competently in a site based environment and to always adhere to Group Health and Safety Standards.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is used at the appropriate time for each task being undertaken.
- To undertake and take part in other duties, meetings, toolbox talks, supervision, training and events as requested by your manager that aids learning and development for your role.
- To demonstrate compassion and consideration for others, forming mutual trust and professional respect.
- To operate with a ‘one team’ approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external colleagues.
- To operate with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles to achieve a goal.
- To be self-driven with a willingness to learn, adopting a ‘can do’ mentality and work ethic.
- To maintain the Berkeley Homes brand and assist in the delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction at hand-over and beyond.
- To consistently work to a high standard and look for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of customers and Berkeley Homes.
- Act in accordance with the company Culture and Values of ‘Our Vision’ commitment to being a World Class Business generating long-term value by creating successful, sustainable places where people aspire to live.
Please email an up-to-date CV to Kerry@southwarkworks.org.ukRegister your interest