Apprentice Sprinkler Fitter Hall & Kay Fire Engineering
- Salary: National Apprenticeship wage depending on age and experience
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Hall & Kay Fire Engineering
- Location: The Forge, Sumner Road SE1
The name Hall & Kay has been synonymous with quality since our earliest beginnings in 1878, where we first provided air conditioning equipment to the Lancashire cotton mills.
We are consultants, designers, installers and of course project managers of all forms of fixed fire protection systems.
Hall & Kay is the UK’s largest independent fire suppression company, With over 300 staff and 500+ approved subcontractors spread throughout the regions. We bring advanced product technology, the highest standard of professional expertise and service to our core business of fire protection and detection in all areas of industry and construction.
Our company philosophy is to utilise high quality components in our designs, that are tailored to a client’s specific requirements with access to the latest developments in fire engineering technology.
By excelling at customer satisfaction based on our unique skills and strengths, we aim to be the first choice of our customers, shareholders and employees.
QUALITY SERVICE SINCE 1878
This is a varied role that will involve on site work and includes mechanical engineering and fabrication.
The role initially involves working as a sprinkler fitters’ mate and duties include:
- Pipe cutting and threading
- Reading coded drawings
- Pipe grooving
- General labouring
- Looking after tools on site
Will be age related but based on the national minimum wage.
Monday to Friday dependent on customer requirements. Shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 40.00
Improving Operational Performance
Hall & Kay Fire Engineering
Requirements and prospects
- Driving license
- CSCS card
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Ability to work as an equal part of a team
- GCSE Grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent
- This is an established company with lots of progression intended for the right person
Things to consider
- All work is on site
About the Employer
Hall & Kay Fire Engineering are specialists in installation, testing, commissioning and servicing of domestic and residential sprinkler systems.