Apprentice Safety, Health and Environment Technician
- Salary: £19,188.00
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Kilnbridge Construction Services Ltd
- Location: London
This role is an opportunity to join an established Engineering company with an initial apprenticeship programme to become a Level 3 Safety, Health and Environment Technician.
The job role will involve a mixture of office-based work completing paperwork, writing documents and procedures, coupled with site visits across the London.
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
What will the apprentice be doing?
The candidate will have good IT skills, strong written English, a confident approach and the ability to work to high standard without constant supervision.
Your main duties will be:
- Assisting consultants with administration duties
- Assisting consultants in managing their clients’ service levels both on-site and from our office
- Developing health and safety management systems and distributing them to clients
- Providing a range of guidance and advice to clients
- Assisting clients to work towards and achieve a range of health and safety accreditations
- Working with our consultants to undertake audits and inspections
- Gathering info for pre-construction information documents and writing reports
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The occupation covered by this standard is that of a Health & Safety Advisor or SHE Technician role – who is usually part office based and part at the workface. A SHE Technician will assist to develop, review and check on the implementation of safe systems of work, deliver training (eg toolbox talks and inductions), investigate accidents, analyse data and present findings to the management team.
The apprentice upon successful completion will achieve Level 3 Safety, Health and Environment Technician, NEBOSH National General Certificate (optional), IOSH Environment for Business.
The apprenticeship will be delivered in the work place and have contact with the provider via online with monthly tutor/assessor visit.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have achieved the Level 3 qualification you will have the opportunity to progress on to the next level. Ultimately, and depending on the individual, you could advance into an advisor and work towards IOSH chartership.