Apprentice Mechanical and Electrical Project Engineer – Higher Apprenticeship
- Salary: £9,464.00 - £18,137.60
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Skanska
- Location: London
SKANSKA UK PLC
We are looking for a Mechanical & Electrical Project Engineer Apprentice to help with engineering issues during the pre-construction and construction processes. Working on residential and commercial buildings you will learn how to design, plan and oversee the installation of mechanical and electrical installation packages.
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
£9,464.00 – £18,137.60
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
06 Sep 2021
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Oversee installation of mechanical and electrical packages such as lighting, power, distribution boards, transformers, lifts, fire sprinklers, ductwork, gas work, fan coil units, chillers and other services
- Co-ordinate site activities with sub-contractors to ensure works done safely, on time and to meet environmental legislation
- Draw up plans using CAD (computed aided system) and BIM (building information modelling) software
- Assist with estimating and tenders in the pre-construction stage
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study a Level 4 Building Services Engineering Technician course at London South Bank University on a day release.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completing Level 4, you can progress onto a Level 6 Building Services Engineering degree course.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent including Maths or Physics (Grade MPP) Essential