- Salary: £11.95
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Keltbray
- Location: London
The purpose of this role:
To work as part of a team carrying out the site work on a construction site. This involves preparing site and ground conditions prior to the commencement of the construction phase of the building. Following on the installation of concrete foundations and the installation of drainage will be involved.
Tasks and Duties:
As an Apprentice Groundworker, you can expect to assist and work in one or more of the following roles:
• Creating access routes to the site
• Digging trenches for foundations
• Laying the foundations for the building
• Digging trenches for drainage
• Constructing the drainage system
• Create paths and kerbs using tarmac or concrete slabs.
• Operate roller or compaction equipment
• Any other duties as required
An Apprentice Groundworker safety is a top priority, you must:
• Follow strict health and safety and environmental regulations at all times.
• Maintaining full PPE at all times, when outside of the green route
• Look out for the safety of themselves and others around them
• Work well as a team, and as an individual, communicating with various tradespeople.
In the case of study:
The Apprentice will be sponsored to attend a workshop and study based programme at the Building Craft College, for CITB Level 2 Diploma plus NVQ Construction Operations, over a 2 year block release.
Qualifications and Training
Essential: CSCS card
Desirable: CCDO card and/or previous site experience
Please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org