Apprentice Construction Manager
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: ISG
- Location: Multiple Sites over duration of apprenticeship via Aldgate office.
Fast-track your future by shaping ours
What is a Construction Manager?
You’ll be assisting with the daily management of the site, focusing on delivering a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals. Working with the project team and applying ISG’s culture, systems, and procedures you will help minimise risks associated to the project and to ISG.
An insight into the role:
You will be on site shadowing the Construction team, gaining a better understanding of the role. You will be allocated tasks, attend meetings with subcontractors, and internal and external stakeholders allowing you to further your knowledge and expand your network.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will be given more and more responsibilities, eventually having responsibility for individual sections or packages.Register your interest
- This employer is a Living Wage Employer
- Overseeing the logistics of a project.
- Managing the subcontractors undertaking the works.
- Ensuring works meet required specification and quality benchmarks.
- Keeping a daily diary of what’s going/ gone on.
- Work closely with the Senior CM & TSM in delivering the project.
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Manager in planning the works.
- Manage the reporting of all health and safety issues including accidents and near misses.
- Identify problems and offer solutions prior to and during construction.
- Review designs and drawings, the project programme and contribute where necessary.
- Produce precise and succinct project reports.
- Produce logistic plans and method statements.
- Review and manage temporary works processes associated with the project works.
- Work with planners to develop detailed programmes/ produce short term programmes.
The Apprentice Programme
Our five-year apprenticeship programme provides exposure to all aspects of the business giving you the opportunity to join one of our core disciplines. You can look forward to a balance of hands-on experiences and academic learning.
The programme will see you rotating through different departments so you can get a solid feel for how your specialism fits within a typical project lifecycle.
We’ll sponsor you to complete a relevant degree and you’ll have access to ongoing training and development to help reach your career ambitions.
As a business we’re incredibly collaborative and our apprentices are important members of the team.
You’ll be encouraged to share your ideas and to challenge the norm – if you think there’s a better way of doing things, we’ll be all ears.
Everyone here has a part to play in creating the best possible outcomes for our business, our people, and our customers.
This is an environment where you’ll be free to communicate and collaborate. To be open and honest. To take on growing responsibility. And to build something special.
Why join ISG
ISG is a forward-thinking Construction company with a focus on doing the right thing first for customers, employees, the planet, and society. You have the ability to make a difference to what the company does as well as the opportunity to build a fantastic portfolio by working on different projects and sectors. There is something here for everyone depending on your interests!
Candidate Profile and entry criteria
You will have at least 104 UCAS points from you’re a-Levels or a relevant BTEC ideally including a maths or science subject or a construction related Level 3 BTEC Diploma with scope to learn and grow throughout the duration of the five-year programme, recognising that this time is used to make you an expert in your field to flourish and progress your career further once promoted off the scheme.
Attention to detail
Good time keeping
Willingness to get stuck in
Willingness to listen and learn
Ability to work as a team
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels
Ability to be self-starting and independent as well as self-motivated
Approachable, positive, flexible, adaptable and friendly team member
Ability to travel when required
Competitive Family Friendly Policies
Private medical cover
Pension matching scheme
Discount on selected retailers and gyms
Voluntary benefits such as cycle to work
If you meet the criteria and wish to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.