Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Salary: £10,500 - £12,500 per annum
- Job Type: Apprenticeships
- Employer: Smith & Byford
- Location: Cheam, SE London
Smith & Byford is a family-owned and operated building services company. Established in 1966 and now with more than 280 employees, Smith & Byford offer a range of installation and maintenance services in building management systems, gas, electrical and renewable technologies to Registered Providers, Private Companies and Homeowners.
Register your interest
Business Administration Apprentice (Level 3)
Department: Gas Service (some rotation in Marketing & Finance)
Reporting to: Team Leaders
Hours: 37hrs per week (Various shift patterns)
You will need to have achieved GCSE’s at grade 9 – 4 (or comparable qualification) in English and Maths.
This role and any training will be based at our Cheam Head Office but may require the apprentice to occasionally attend NESCOT college in Epsom, the apprenticeship provider.
The apprentice will predominantly work in our Gas Service Department within a team of skilled customer service operatives. Apprentices will also work within other departments, such as marketing and finance, on a rotational basis.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Call handling, residents, engineers and clients
- Planning engineers work
- Engineers diary management
- Booking service appointments
- Approving engineers timesheets
- Monitor & action escalation reports
- Department admin tasks
By the end of your apprenticeship, you will:
- Have experience in service delivery
- Have exceptional customer service skills
- Understand delivery of best value and continuous improvement
- Demonstration of organisational skills
- Demonstrate initiative and good work ethic
- Openness to learning
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills