Apprentice – Business Analyst
- Salary: £21,000
- Job Type: Full-time
- Employer: Apprentice – Business Analyst
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Ltd
The Purpose of the Apprenticeship Scheme is to deliver a resource pipeline to build home grown talent and knowledge to provide support with the potential to grow into more senior roles as the apprentice develops. This Scheme will allow existing staff members to focus on more on more complex tasks providing more value from their roles.Register your interest
The SMBCE Apprentice is a new and exciting role within the Bank. This role will have the opportunity to become a key member of the PDIS Department and will play a vital part in its operation of supporting the business. The role will evolve with the individual, growing in responsibility and complexity as the apprentice develops skills and experience. SMBCE Apprenticeships will use the Government Levy to provide training to the apprentice and this role is an expansion on the existing, successful scheme.
The successful candidate will be based in London working in a global team ranging from 6 to 20+ located in various locations (& remotely).
They will be required to communicate to the wider IT Department members as well as dealing with the Business User community, at varying levels of knowledge & seniority.
Apprentices will have a direct line manager as well as an Apprenticeship Mentor who they will report to. Ultimately, they will report to the Department Head
- Collate Requirements from Business Units, using various techniques – Interviews, Workshops, direct Observation and Research through existing Documentation
- Business Process Modelling – visualise the “As Is” and plot the “To Be” of a process
- Carry out a GAP analysis using Business Process Modelling
- Break down Requirements into General/Technical/Functional/Non-Functional elements
- Calculate the Cost vs Benefit of a proposed change
- Create Use Cases and Test Plans for any Change
- Engage with Stakeholders across the Organisation and maintain appropriate communication throughout each engagement
- Understand the data flow in a process, and understand how this would/should differ as a result of a Change
Requirements and prospects
- Some roles may require a keen interest in the technical environment of the Internet, associated systems and Computing would be an advantage
- Understanding of banking processes may be useful
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly together with an analytical mind
- Competence in Microsoft business apps may be helpful
- Personal qualities
- Must work well within a team and should have the ability to communicate well with their peers and seniors
- Must be required to work under their own motivation and without supervision
- Good attention to detail and a desire to produce quality output is essential
- A strong ability to prioritise and manage time in order to meet deadlines is essential
- A self-starter mind-set is required balanced by a willingness to ask questions and seek clarifications where required
- Resilience and the willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ is required for this role
At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science
Educated to Level 3 as a minimum
Please ensure that your full educational history is stated on your application
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you may be offered a permanent contract dependant on the needs of the business ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.
Things to consider
The candidate must be able to balance work and study ensuring both are given the relevant focus. Furthermore, due to the current situation with the Global pandemic for Coronavirus, the candidate may be required to work from home on a permanent/semi-permanent basis for the foreseeable future. Therefore, an extremely motivated person will be required to take this role, who is capable of working remotely for long periods of time while remaining committed and efficient. This may also be the case for any training provided by our learning provider where distance learning may be required.