Apprentice Technician, Application Support
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Jobs
- Employer: Apprentice Technician, Application Support
- Location: London
Tysers is a leading independent international Lloyd’s broker, founded in 1820. Based at the heart of the world’s premier insurance market in London, Tysers employs over 1000 people working with leading (re)insurance markets worldwide to deliver risk solutions to a global client base.
The role of the Apprentice Technician is to provide support for the Application Support Team. They will be responsible for all backend support for Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and our Virtual desktop solution and all broking applications with a strong knowledge and experience for the retail Acturis application. They will support all new developments and enhancements through the testing and release process. Occasional shift coverage, weekend and evening work and on-call coverage is required by the team.
- Manage through to resolution incidents and service requests for all applications supported by the Application Management team.
- Ensure feedback to stakeholders is provided in a timely manner regarding progress of their calls and development requests.
- Provide a quality, reliable and timely support service delivering to the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Work with cross-functional teams both internal and external 3rd party suppliers to resolve on-going technical issues.
- Produce and maintain technical support guides, service catalogue & other relevant documentation.
- Perform daily, monthly and periodic application and system checks, and take appropriate action in optimising system uptime and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Work with Technology teams as necessary communicating any systems/software upgrades and patches, and diagnosing any application or system issues.
- Triage defects, identify potential fixes and manage incidents through to resolution, either by an internal team or via an external supplier; communicating with the business user until issue is resolved.
- Ensure effective communication is in place to manage incidents and system downtime to the business user community.
- On target towards or completed 3 A Levels or equivalent (Grade C or above) and at least five
GCSEs between 9-4 (or A*-C), two of which should be English and Maths.
- Technical accreditations encouraged but not essential.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Good communicator both written and verbal who can explain technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Attention to detail.
- Collaborative approach.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of Office 365 environment.
- Genuine curiosity and interest in technology.
- Ability to work within a team or individually.
- Self-motivated and a commitment to continuous development.
Why Tysers ?
We know our people are our most important asset, and the health and wellbeing of every employee is pivotal to our success. We offer a range of core and flexible benefits – so you have the option to choose what suits you. Our core benefits include flexible working, private medical cover, gym membership, health assessment discounts, generous pension contributions as well as continuous professional development.
To apply send your CV to email@example.com