This accessibility statement applies to the Southwark Works website – southwarkworks.com.
This website is run by Southwark Works and Sabroso Studio. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- you cannot change colours, contrast levels or fonts through the website (AbilityNet has advice on changing these settings on your device)
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- the Southwark Works postcode checker on the homepage may be difficult for screen readers to interpret. Please use the postcode checker on the job / apprenticeship / course detail page or contact us directly.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 days.
Please call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Sabroso Studio is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Navigation and accessing information
There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option). We plan to integrate this option by December 2020.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will be preparing an accessibility road map to make this site more accessible to more users.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 5/10/2020. It was last reviewed on 5/10/2020
This website was last tested on [date]. The test was carried out by Sabroso Studio.
We tested the primary working pages of the site that are used to list and detail jobs and apprenticeships and contact Southwark Works.